Start from: US$ 2085 Per Person
Total Duration:16 to 19 days Days
Trip Grade:Moderate to Strenuous
Meals:Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
Transportation:Private Vehicle / Aeroplane
WELCOME TO VISIT ASIAN DIAMOND, one of the undoubtedly special trekking area in Nepal "UPPER MUSTANG" !!!
Feel the adventure and explore with us the traces along barren ridges, alpine meadows, deep canyons, bare cliffs and rocky moraines.
Upper Mustang is undoubtedly one of most special and popular trekking areas in Nepal. With the aim to preserve its centuries-old culture and pristine, unspoiled natural biodiversity, the government of Nepal has designated the area as ‘controlled’ region to promote sustainable tourism. This means that a very limited number of trekkers is allowed to enter Upper Mustang and trekkers are required to obtain Special Trekking Permit for the purpose.
Upper Mustang lies in the shadow of Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges, making it a superb destination to watch the Himalayan ranges including Dhaulagiri I (8167m), the seventh highest, and Annapurna I (8091m), the tenth highest mountains in the world. It is nicest trekking area to do trekking in monsoon time because of behind the Himalaya, perfect weather and can see highland flora and fauna.
The Upper Mustang is a treasure house for rich Buddhist culture and lifestyle. The ancient kingdom of Lo, also called Lomanthang, is a walled city remarkably known for its 16th-century monasteries, ruins of old forts, maniwalls, caves and murals. Lomanthang is also the residence of the King of Mustang who used to the rule this kingdom well into the 21st century. Trekking in Upper Mustang is packed with full of adventure as we trace our steps along barren ridges, alpine meadows, deep canyons, bare cliffs and rocky moraines.
Tiji Festival is one of the biggest festivals celebrated by locals of Lo-Manthang in Upper Mustang. The festival which takes place in the month of May is observed for a full three days with elaborate rituals.
Tiji, the short form of ‘Tempa Chirim’ or’ Tenchi’, means ‘Prayer for World Peace’ or “Passing Buddha Dharma to the world”. So in Tiji festival, Buddhist monks gather to pray for peace in the world. This festival commemorates the victory of Lord Buddhas incarnation Dorjee Sonnu over a demon called Man Tam Ru a vicious creature feeding on human beings and causing storms and droughts.
The event is organized at Choedhe monastery in Lo Manthang. The special feature includes the Monk dance called Tsa Chham which is performed on the very first day, Nga Chham dance on the second day and the final day portrays artistically the attempt to return the demon to Lord Buddhas realm.
The monastery headed by a Rimpoche of Sakya sect hosts 65 monks, all of whom take part in the festival clad in flamboyant attires. The ritual speaks a long historical and cultural heritage of Tibet.
This year the festival is being held on 12, 13 and 14 May 2018 in Upper Mustang. Besides participating in this festival you can also trek to the walled city of Lo Manthang.
Michel Peissel, one of the first foreigner, to trek to Upper Mustang in 1964, said of the festival: "The scenes I witnessed were so extraordinary and so unexpected that I dared not believe my eyes and even today I have some trouble in believing in the reality of what I saw that day.”
Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02:Sightseeing in Kathmandu
Day 03:Kathmandu Pokhara
Day 04:Pokhara to Jomsom and trek to Kagbeni 2800m
Day 05:Kagbeni to Chuksang 2980m
Day 06:Chuksang to Samar 3660m
Day 07:Samar to Geling 3570m
Day 08:Giling to Ghami 3520m
Day 09:Ghami to Tsarang 3560m
Day 10:Tsarang to Lo Manthang 3809m
Day 11:Explore Lo Manthang
Day 12:Lo-Manthnag to Ghami 3520m
Day 13:Ghami to Samar 3660m
Day 14:Samar to Kagbeni 2800m
Day 15:Kagbeni to Jomsom 2713m
Day 16:Jomsom to Pokhara
Day 17:Pokhara to Kathmandu
Day 18:Free and shhoping day n Kathmandu
Day 19:International Departure, Note : we can customize tailor made trip for it.
1. Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van / Bus.
2. 4 nights accommodation with breakfast at 3 star standard hotel in Kathmandu and 2 night at Pokhara in 2 star Hotel with Breakfast as per above program.
3. Sightseeing in Kathmandu Escorted with English Speaking Guide & Entrance fee, car van
4. Guide and porter during the trek (Sherpa and Assistance guide for above 5 pax)
5. Kathmandu -Pokhara-Kathmandu by tourist standard bus and Pokhara –Jomsom- Pokhara by Plane for client and Nepali staffs.
6. Wake up tea and warm washing water/towel/ dettole soup for the morning
7. Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee during the trek.
8. Snacks and hot tea during the trekking period before dinner
9. Local fresh fruits like orange, apple and banana etc for dessert.
10. Our own pillow and bedcover during the trekking.
11. 12 nights twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation in the mountain (basic but neat and clean).
12. 1 highly experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter between 2 clients), their food, accommodation, salary, equipments, insurance (We have insured our staffs by Neco Insurance Company Nepal).
13. First Aid medical kit.
14. Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) entry permit and Special Upper Mustang permit.
15. Down jacket, 4 seasonal sleeping bag
16. Duffle bag to each client (if needed)
17. Government taxes.
18. Achievement certificate and Farewell Dinner
19. Office Service charge & rescue arrangement if needed.
1. International Airfare and taxes
2. Nepal Visa fee (US$ 40 per person for 30 days)
3. Travel Insurance
4. Medical evacuation in case of emergency.
5. Personal spending money.
6. Any expenses of personal nature, client's insurance
7. Items of personal nature i.e. Soft/hard drinks, hot water, shower, battery charge, internet, telephone etc.
8. Expenses incurred due to mishaps, landslide, strikes, political unrest etc. In such case, extra will be charged as per actual.
9. Tips for Guide, Sherpa, Porter and driver.
|Start Date||End Date||Status||Cost|
|04 July, 2019||19 July, 2019||Guaranteed||2085||Book Now|
|18 July, 2019||02 August, 2019||Guaranteed||2085||Book Now|
|20 July, 2019||04 August, 2019||Guaranteed||2085||Book Now|
|07 August, 2019||22 August, 2019||Guaranteed||2085||Book Now|
|21 August, 2019||05 September, 2019||Guaranteed||2085||Book Now|
Nepal –Tibet Trekking (P) is a leading trekking and adventure outfitter in the Himalayas. We have highly qualified and professional team members, who are dedicated to customer service and satisfaction. We provide personalized tours and…Read More
My friends and I traveled to Nepal in late August through early September of 2015. Krishna organized all of our…
Dan Trelan, United StatesView All