Start from: US$ 4890 Per Person
Total Duration:24 to 33 Days
Trip Grade:Moderate to Strenuous
Meals:Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
Transportation:Private Vehicle / Aeroplane
Dolpa is the largest district with a high altitude in Nepal located in Karnali zone of Mid-Western development region. Upper Dolpa Trekking is the remotest and under development area of Nepal borders with the Tibet on the northeast, Jumla and Mugu districts of Karnali on the west, Myagdi, Jajarkot and Rukum on the south and Mustang on the east. In another way, Dolpa is also known as Dolpo. Dolpo is Tibetan standard name which mostly denotes the upper area of the district whereas the locals themselves call their area as Dhol-wa.
Dolpo Trek is famous for its natural beauty, cultural aspects, monasteries, wildlife and their villages.
The major attraction or highlights of Dolpa Trekking are as follows:
1. Dho-Tarap valley implicates two settlements one is Dho and another is Tarap. Later on, they are nestled together in the Dho Tarap Valley at an altitude of 4080m. Dho-Tarap is famous for its traditionally built houses and monasteries. The local over there are good in wood carving. During your visit to this valley, you will observe the houses and monasteries are traditionally carved by wood.
2. Shey Phoksundo Lake is one of Nepal’s deepest lakes (146m) and it’s a jewel of Dolpa. The lake stands as a major highlight for trekking and lies at an elevation of 3620m within the Shey Phoksundo National Park, the largest national park in Nepal. The lake is clearly observed with turquoise colour and star-like twinkling on the lake due to the reflection of the sun. Phoksundo Lake is surrounded by forests and snow-capped mountains. Due to this lake, the area has been described as one of the world’s “Natural Hidden Wonders”. This lake is fully protected by locals of Ringmo Valley a follower of Buddhism and Bön-po religion, so it is regarded as a sacred lake and taking a dip in the lake is discouraged.
3. Phoksudo Waterfall is one of the country’s tallest waterfalls. As the water flows from the lake so the waterfall is named after the lake. Suligad is another locally Nepali name for this waterfall (167m). The waterfall is surrounded by glacier and pine forests. Trust us, by seeing this waterfall and Phoksundo lake you feel like staying more.
4. Dolpo is famous for Bon culture and it is around 5.05% are Bon followers. Through the journey, you will encounter practitioners of the ancient Bön religion. Bön is a spiritual tradition of Tibet which origins predate Buddhism. The religion followed its devotees to the Nepali Himalayas centuries ago and is still practised in the isolated higher altitudes of Mustang and Dolpa. Ringmo, a hamlet just above Phoksundo Lake will give visitors a rare chance to witness its ancient practices.
5. Shey Gompa is one of the 1000 year -old Buddhist monasteries of Dolpa district, it is of 12 century. Shey Gomba is the main Gompa of Kakyupa sect, one of the four major sects of Buddhism while it has a high significance in Buddhism. Drutop Shinge Yeshe has meditated in the cave near the Shey and achieved enlightenment. Shey Gompa is also known as younger Brother of Mt. Kailash. Most of the Dolpo people gather on the full-moon day the throng begins its trek, which is on the months of July/August before the barley harvest to do circle (kora) Crystal mountain. Then chief priest scrapes rock dust from the sacred mountain and swallows with water.
6. Kanjiroba is a mountain of Dolpa district standing at an elevation 6,883m above sea level. It is a stunning wonderful mountain with its unique peak worthwhile climbing to experience the high degree of alpine and extreme wilderness.
7. The Shey Phoksundo National Park is home to a rich ecosystem with a wonderful variety of flora and wildlife including exciting creatures like the blue sheep and wild yak. If you’re very lucky you may even spot the very elusive snow leopard.
8. Dolpo is also famous for medicinal herbs. Yarcha gumba and Panchaunle is the major herb of that area. Yarchagumba is the income source of the locals. This ploughing Yarchagumba season takes in the month June and July.
9. Dolpo region has given birth of Peter Matthiessen’s bestselling book’ Snow Leopards’ and Eric Valli’s Oscar-nominated movie CARAVAN (HIMALAYA) was featured in this isolated Himalayan sanctuary.
HOW TO GET INTO ENTRY POINT:
As Dolpo region is opened for trekkers in 1989. One needs to get trekking permit from Department of Immigration in Kathmandu or Pokhara to visit this fascinating region. So after that, to access into the entry point first, you will have a flight from Kathamndu to Nepalgaunj which will take 45min and overnight at the hotel of Nepalgaunj. On the next day early in the morning, you will again have a flight from Nepalgaunj to Juphal airport (35min) which is sited on the lap of Juphal village. From there your journey starts.
HEN IS BEST TIME TO TRAVEL:
Dolpa trek the best favourable time is March to October. You may also travel in the monsoon season (June to August) as Dolpo region lies in the rain shadow area formed by Dhaulagiri and Annapurna range.
Day 01:Arrival to Kathamndu
Day 02:Seight seening
Day 03:Dolpo permit Arrangement
Day 04:Kathmandu to Nepalgunj
Day 05:Flight Nepalganj to Jumla
Day 06:Jumla to Ghuthicahur
Day 07:Ghuthicahur to Chaurikharka
Day 08:Chaurikharka to Kaigaun 2610m
Day 09:Kaigaun to Toijum 2920m
Day 10:Toijum to Kagmara Phedhi 2900m
Day 11:Kagmaraphedi to Cross Kagmara-La 5115m and Kagmara Base Camp 4800m
Day 12:Kgmara Base Camp to Pungmo village 4336m
Day 13:Pungmo village to Ringmo vllage (Phoksondotal) 3600m
Day 14:Rest in Phoksundo Tal
Day 15:Ringmo vllage (Phoksondotal) to Phoksumdo Khola/Salle khola 3756m
Day 16:Phoksumdo Khola to Kang La Phedi 4120m
Day 17:Kang La Phedi to Sheygumba 4160m
Day 18:Rest in Shey Gompa
Day 19:Rest in Shey Gompa
Day 20:Shey Gompa to Namgung 4430m
Day 21:Namgung to Saldang 3770m
Day 22:Saldang to Namdo Khola 3960m
Day 23:Namdo Khola to Kyung La.-Tok Kyu 4209m
Day 24:Tok Kyu to Do Tarap 3944m
Day 25:Do Tarap to Sisaul 3800m
Day 26:Sisaul to Nawarpani 3475m
Day 27:Nawarpani to Laina Odar 3370m
Day 28:Laina Odar to Tarakot 2800m
Day 29:Tarakot to Juphal 2445m
Day 30:Jufal to Nepalgunj
Day 31:Nepalgunj o Kathmandu
Day 32:Free and shopping day in Kathmandu
Day 33:International Departure
1. Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van / Bus.
2. 5 nights accommodation with breakfast at 3 stars standard hotel in Kathmandu and 2 night at Nepalgunja in 3-star Hotel with Breakfast as per above program.
3. Sightseeing in Kathmandu Escorted with English Speaking Guide & Entrance fee, car van
4. Guide and porter during the trek (Sherpa and Assistance guide for above 5 pax)
5. Kathmandu -Pokhara-Kathmandu by tourist standard bus and Kathmandu –Nepalgunja- Jumla, Jufal -Nepalgunja-Kathmandu by Plane for clients and Nepali staffs.
6. Wake up tea and warm washing water/towel/ dettole soup for the morning
7. Full board Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee during the trek prepare by our expert cook.
8. Snacks and hot tea during the trekking period before dinner
9. Local fresh fruits like orange, apple and banana etc for dessert
10. 25 nights tent accommodation in the mountain, tents (two men tent, Kitchen tent, Dining tent, toilet tent)
11. 1 highly experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, Sherpa, Cook, assistance cook, porters, necessary donkey. their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, insurance (We have insured our staffs by Neco Insurance Company Nepal).
12. First Aid medical kit.
13. National Park entry permit and Special Upper Dolpa permit.
14. Down jacket, 4 seasonal sleeping bag
15. Duffle bag to each client (if needed)
16. Government taxes.
17. Achievement certificate and Farewell Dinner
18. Office Service charge & rescue arrangement if needed.
1. International Airfare and taxes
2. Nepal Visa fee (US$ 40 per person for 30 days)
3. Travel Insurance
4. Medical evacuation in case of emergency.
5. Personal spending money.
6. Any expenses of personal nature, client's insurance
7. Items of personal nature i.e. Soft/hard drinks, hot water, shower, battery charge, internet, telephone etc.
8. Expenses incurred due to mishaps, landslide, strikes, political unrest etc. In such case extra will be charged as per actual.
9. Tips for Guide, Sherpa, Porter and driver.
Nepal –Tibet Trekking (P) is a leading trekking and adventure outfitter in the Himalayas. We have highly qualified and professional team members, who are dedicated to customer service and satisfaction. We provide personalized tours and…Read More